(News and views from around the internet.)
- Legendary baseball announcer Vin Scully narrates Copland’s “Lincoln Portrait” at the Hollywood Bowl….
- Here’s why orchestras tune to a pitch of A 440 Hz….
- Singing in a choir is good for your health, a new report asserts, and the activity should receive more government support….
- Violinist Joshua Bell has extended his contract with the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields….
- A new streaming service, Primephonic, designed for classical music, has launched….
- Organist Paul Jacobs has some profound things to say about the state of classical music in this country….
- The reviews are coming in on Mason Bates’ “The (R)evolution of Steve Jobs” at Santa Fe Opera. Here are some of them: The New York Times; The Washington Post; Broadway World; Bachtrack; Los Angeles Times; Financial Times; Opera Warhorses; Santa Fe Reporter; Classical Voice North America; LA Opus.